Dear Valued Stakeholders,
As the Coronavirus COVID-19 crisis continues to impact the world, MDC’s top priorities remain:
· Protect the health, safety and well-being of our employees, customers, supply chain partners and communities
· Prepare our operations to adapt and respond to the dynamic business environment to serve our customers
· Prevent the further spread of the virus wherever possible to help flatten the curve of acceleration
· Enabling non-manufacturing staff with digital tools to work remotely to support and respond to customer requests
· Restricting face-to-face and shifting to virtual videoconferencing meetings
· Staggering breaks and workers to maintain physical distancing
· Increasing daily multiple, thorough sanitizations of work areas across all sites
· Promoting clean personal hygiene, physical distancing and self-quarantining practices
MDC’s factories in California, Florida and the UK all supply products for “necessary” industries, including the critical healthcare operations. Our global sites remain open for business while adhering to strict governmental mandates to support these important sectors, and we are:
· Implementing modified work schedules to ensure production coverage and manufacturing integrity while maintaining physical distancing
As part of our ongoing business continuity plan, MDC is adapting and preparing our operations to minimize the impact on our business and our customers. We are diligently:
· Working with worldwide vendor partners daily to develop contingency plans to prevent and minimize supply chain disruptions so that we can continue to deliver to our customers
We are doing everything we can to prevent the spread of the virus and are taking additional precautionary measures to keep all stakeholders safe. The preventative measures we have implemented at global sites to contain the virus include:
· Closing MDC sites to external parties with gloved and masked handling of any outside materials
· Suspending all international and domestic business travel
In the coming days and week, we will work to honor our customer commitments while ensuring the safety of our teams and complying with local, national and global health regulations. We will continue to monitor developments to ensure an appropriate and timely response in line with health authorities’ recommendations and update you on any actions that will impact our partnerships.
MDC has proudly served the industry for the past 45 years, and we appreciate the trust our customers place in MDC to continue supporting them during this unprecedented time. As we navigate the COVID-19 global threat together, we welcome the opportunity to work with our supply chain partners to deliver value to all of our stakeholders.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the MDC team who are here and will continue to provide dedicated support and help in any way:
Thank you for your continued patronage, patience and partnership! We hope that you, your teams and families remain healthy and safe!
David L. Dutton
Chief Executive Officer