Angle & Inline Valves
Vacuum angle and inline valves are devices
that regulate the flow of gases, fluids or materials through a structure or aperture by
opening, closing or obstructing a port or passageway.
Angle valve assemblies
consist of an
- Valve Body
The actuator provides the power to
position or transport the valve’s poppet which is attached to the valve’s body via a
circular bonnet flange.
The poppet closes or opens one of the valve’s body ports.
The valve body is a vacuum tight chamber that is screwed, flanged or welded into a larger
vacuum vessel or system.
Reliable vacuum valves were not commercially available until the late 1940s
with the advent of O-ring elastomer seals. The elastomer O-ring was developed during
WWII for use in aircraft hydraulic systems, and was soon thereafter adopted by the
vacuum community as the standard means of making vacuum seals. Prior to this it was
common practice, even in large research establishments, to upgrade general service
valves for vacuum use by winding actuator shaft gaskets from string soaked in an
MDC stainless steel vacuum angle and inline valves have been designed for
maximum conductance and minimum size for easy installation. These valves are
ideally suited for systems requiring high reliability and low outgassing. The valves’
low outgassing characteristics can be attributed to a fusion welded 304 stainless
steel body, welded AM-350 stainless steel nesting bellows as well as small crosssection
elastomers and the elimination of blind internal cavities.
MDC angle and inline valves are offered in various sizes ranging from .25" to 10" port
diameters. Standard port mounts include:
- Del-Seal™ CF metal seal flanges,
recommended for ultrahigh vacuum service
- ISO Kwik-Flange™ and ISO Large-Flange™ fast-make and fast-break
elastomer seal flanges, ideal for high vacuum applications requiring frequent
assembly and disassembly.
All dimensions in this catalog are given in inches unless specified otherwise.
| Standard Features
- UHV and HV series
- Del-Seal™ CF, ISO KF Kwik-Flange™, ISO LF Large-Flange™ and Tube-Weld port
- Manual and Electropneumatic actuators
- 120VAC air control solenoid valve
- OFE copper metal and Viton® elastomer bonnet seals
- Welded bellows actuator seal
- TIG welded internal body joints
- Electropolished interior and exterior surfaces
| Optional Features
- Electromechanical position indicator
- Magnetic reed switch position indicators
- Air control solenoid valves for 240VAC and 24VDC service
- High temperature 250°C Kalrez® elastomer poppet seal